Briess vs. Great Western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briess vs. Great Western

I have been using Briess for our specialty malts (crystals, chocolate, roast, white wheat, rye, munich) and am thinking of trying out Great Western. Anybody know if I should expect any major flavor differences? More to the point, will customers notice any flavor differences? Thanks.

I was in the same situation 9 years ago at a regional brewery. We used GW for our base malt but Briess for all the specialty. I beleive this was when GW first started doing there own specialties. Bottom line we tried GW and there was a definate flavor difference so we stayed with Briess. Really you need to do test batches to determine this. Your beers are unique and no one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer. You have to do side by sides and go from there.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I just switch myself and will see the results next week.

Comment

They are both Quality suppliers. I use some of each, mostly GW though. It should be noted that GW has added a lot of new malts to their inv. I just got a visit from Teri a couple weeks ago and she left me with some great samples to chew on.
        Last edited by Jephro; 04-16-2010, 07:51 PM.
        Jeff Byrne

Comment

Working...
        X