Raspbeery Ale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspbeery Ale

Gotta do one. I am making a pale ale (15 ibu, 13 14P) 8 BBL. Will be using 5 gallons of raspbeery concentrate (Juice products in Chicago) Plan on fermenting 1/2 and racking 1/2 into bright tank to finish. Any suggestions?
    Kind of want it sort of sweet on the finish but not syrupy. Thanks

Sounds about right. You can take another beer that is finished and sit down with a few ounces of the concentrate. Start adding so many millilitres of concentrate to a litre of beer til you hit the "sweet spot". Then simply do the math til you figure out the right mix. Start light and work your way up. I used 3 gallons in 11 Bbl for some sweetness but definately not syrupy. Fermenting the concentrate does tend to dry out a beer, so adding concentrate to the server is a nice touch.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Post fermentation is the way to go, much better flavor compounds than using during fermentation. JMO.......
      www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

You definately get the most bang for your buck post fermentation. The problem arises when you cant get enough fruit flavor without getting the beer too sweet. Fermentation takes a lot more product to get the same flavor. Depends on the beer and your goal. After literally years of experimentation I have settled on a blend of natural extract and juice concentrates. Its much easier to tweak it with extract and still get the bulk of your flavor from the juice. Puree is good to, but its more hassle and even harder to adjust. I also would not send beer out of the brewpub with juice that has been added post ferment.
        Big Willey
        "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I don't know about concentrate, but Tallship near Vancouver made a Raspberry cream ale to die for a few years ago, using whole raspberries in the FV. Sadly they went bust.

Hope Bill is still creating / brewing somewhere
          dick

Comment

Working...
          X