Peracetic acid/Centerfuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peracetic acid/Centerfuge

While getting the centerfuge ready for a transfer the bowl is spinning packed with sani. It gets pretty hot by the time the transfer gets roling (steams).

Is the stainless steel O.K. under these circumstances?

Thanks.

That does sound as if it is being started correctly. Check with your suppliers information. I know we used to start our old centrifuges (not my current emplyer) empty and introduce water into them once they were up and running, but they should never get that hot. You should either be starting up empty or recirculating water. If the unit is getting that hot, I would be concerned about the effect on the seals.

I'm very rusty on detailed centrifuge operation so will have to get back with some further details
    dick

Comment

It is empty when it is started, but after the sani cycle the input is shut until I can get the hoses hooked up to the tanks. This can take up to 15 min. in some cases. There are cooling jackets, but when the liquid is just spinning with out moving heat is generated.

I think the concern that was raised is due to confusing Chlorine products with the Paracetic acid. "Pitting of the stainless" was the concern.

We don't use any Chlorinated cleaning products, but just out of curiosity; what is happening with chlorine and stainless steel?

Comment

you should definitely contact your equipment supplier. i ran a high volume centrifuge for 5 years. it had city water inputs in line to keep the bowl from overheating while hooking up tanks. we filtered city water through a sterile cartridge filter to maintain sanitation. i kept the water running until i had beer at the centrifuge inlet. shut of the water and run the beer. send some beer to the drain to clear out any residual water.

Comment

Working...
        X