Stainless kegs from china?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless kegs from china?

Have any of you guys sampled or bought any of these new stainless kegs from companies in china?
    I just wanted to see if the quality was up to the standards you are used to from domestic or other suppliers.
    www.beerontheriver.com

I have no experience with them, but have talked to several brewers who have bad experiences with Chinese kettles and tanks. I have heard reports of excessive rusting, poor welds, and similar items directly related to poor craftsmanship.
    -Lyle C. Brown
    Brewer
    Camelot Brewing Co.

Comment

Originally posted by beerking1
      I have no experience with them, but have talked to several brewers who have bad experiences with Chinese kettles and tanks. I have heard reports of excessive rusting, poor welds, and similar items directly related to poor craftsmanship.
      thanks, I agreed to some "free" sample kegs, I will report back their quality asap.
      www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

We have a BBT from China. The only complaint i have is the manway. It is a poor design suseptable to bending, so we simply welded some brackets and changed the handle. Otherwise, it gets super cold really fast for us, which as you all know is a luxury. Frank Ma hooked us up with the tank. He can answer any questions for you. Good luck to all.

James Murray
        Lead Brewer
        Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits
        San Diego, CA

Comment

We have about 500 in our float which were purchased from Geemacher ranging in age from new to 3 yrs and they are all holding up as well as our Franke kegs.

Comment

Kegs from China

Got ours from Geemacher, so far so good.

Uli
            Weeping Radish Brewery

Comment

um..

I know some guys that bought 300 stainless 50 l straight sides from china.

So far (18 months) no issues, and they just ordered another 110.

I'd rather spend my money locally, but it's working for them. All their brew vessels are american, canadian, or european, though.

nat

Comment

Been using slim quarters and firkins from Geemacher for about 1 year and have had no issues.

Comment

First use cleaning?

I started another thread on this, but am hoping to get an answer in the next day or 2, so pardon the redundancy:

With new kegs, any recommendation for "first use" cleaning? Either to help w/ passivation or clean out any fabrication residues?

Cheers,
                  Scott

Comment

I use a phosphoric/nitric blend. Do a double cycle for the first wash.

Comment

Chinese kegs is no problem

Originally posted by Natrat
                      I know some guys that bought 300 stainless 50 l straight sides from china.

So far (18 months) no issues, and they just ordered another 110.

I'd rather spend my money locally, but it's working for them. All their brew vessels are american, canadian, or european, though.

nat
                      China is able to manufacture high quality kegs and vessels, but usually some importers can not specifiy the quality rate while sourcing, or cheated by the supplier, pls request the quality warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by beerking1
                        Hello, Lyle, Do you know the Chinese kegs and tanks suppliers name? I think they must be manufactured by small factories with poor fame, and poor quality tanks will spot their reputation, that means they will lose the market once offer inferior quality. I will attend China Brew & Beverage 2010 on Sep 7th, would you pls tell me their names? I will try to find them out.

Comment

Working...
                        X