Sanke o-ring remover tool (knife)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanke o-ring remover tool (knife)

THe ones from Morebeer and St. Pats are absolute crap. Who makes good ones that dont bend or break after one use?

I tossed those long ago, I just use a small flatblade screwdriver and go in at the notch to leverage out the ring.

Comment

It takes skill and finesse...And breaking one or two before you get the hang of it. I agree that the baby screwdrivers (ideally two at once) also work well.

Comment

First, make sure ALL the pressure is relieved.

Second, make sure ALL the pressure is relieved....
        My Sanke stem removal kit consists of a small tapered screw driver, a "normal" pliers and a channel lock pliers. I can get a stem out in about 15 seconds and installed in about the same. It does come down to practice, skill and finesse as Brian stated. Sadly, lots of practice for me. But I do know what's going on inside my kegs.

Comment

Call Micromatic. They sell good ones, but don't list in their catalog/website.

Comment

Try Sabco.

Comment

i'm with beerboy. small pliers and eyeglass screwdriver thingy. tap out the end of the ring until you can grab it with pliers. putting it back in is even easier.

RELIEVE PRESSURE FIRST!!! I use a sanke coupler with a penny blocking the beer out and the valve on the gas end removed and a hose attached so it doesn't hit you in the face

Comment

Ah, the Micromatic tool has the perfectly-shaped hard rubber handle to depress the valve and relieve pressure...and an extra time for safety!
                I avoid using pliers to pull the ring out as I seem to be prone to deforming them that way. With a little practice, you can just glide the knife/screwdriver around the inner ring of the valve and nudge the ring out in a circular fashion until it is free. It seems the Micromatic tool has the odd curved blade shape specifically to make this motion easier.

Comment

Working...
                X