Brewpub window cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub window cleaning

I am about to become the brewer at a brewpub that is in pretty good shape, but it looks like the windows haven't been cleaned much and have scale and grain scum on them. I like nice shiny windows and know windex probably won't cut it. Anybody got any tips?

Just like Grandma used to: Vinegar and water with newspaper for scrubbing and polishing.
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Originally posted by beertje46
      Just like Grandma used to: Vinegar and water with newspaper for scrubbing and polishing.
      Yep....just be aware that any other cleaner used might have contained wax. The vinegar might look streaky at first, but that's just the wax being dissolved and removed.
      BrewerTL

Comment

I live about two blocks from the Pacific Ocean and if you want dirty windows, this is the place. I use "Krud Kutter" made by Supreme Chemicles of Georgia, Inc., www.krudkutter.com, email - sales@krudkutter.com.

I mix 2 oz. in 5 gallons although the recommended dilution ratio for glass surfaces is 100:1. This product cuts oil, grease, tar and wax.

I also add 2oz of "Squeegee Off" by Ettore Technique, www.ettore.com, to prevent streaking.

Cheers! and Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
        X