Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best digital temperature probe for GW Kent thermowell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best digital temperature probe for GW Kent thermowell?

I have several of these thermowell's from GW Kent that I'd like to use on a custom built system.

Does anyone have any experience using digital temperature probes in these? If so what probe (or maybe just what probe OD) works best for you with these thermowells? I have a few probes that are .25" OD, but the wriggle room that exists when I plug them into the thermowell makes me think .25" OD may not be large enough. I believe I'm also supposed to use 1/2 oz of thermal paste for each thermowell. I'm just not sure if a really tight fit is required or whether some wriggle room is acceptable once the paste is applied.

Any advice from the experienced would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    John Little | Auburn, Alabama
    General Counsel, Southern Farmhouse

Doesn't have to be snug. Most of the breweries I've installed have used thermocouples, which are just a small pair of twisted wires set into a 1/4" thermowell. They work just fine. You'll be fine with what you're looking at. Overkill IMO--you don't need the thermowells to be removable. Don't see any advantage to it. They could be welded in for easier, shadowless cleaning and fewer gaskets/clamps. Good luck!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
    X