Coffee flavors in the Bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee flavors in the Bright

I was throwing around the idea of doing a stout infused with real coffee. My only concern is that the coffee smell and taste will be tough to get out of the single bright tank. Should we have a dedicated BT for coffee beers? Anyone else have this issue?
    Josh Jayne
    Center Hill Craft Brewing
    West Haven, CT

Should we have a dedicated BT for coffee beers?
    ---> No.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    ---> I've been brewing a stout that's basically dry hopped with coffee in the FV for 4 years and never had an issue. As always, keep a good cleaning routine. you may choose to have an course inline filter of some sort to put your mind at ease, though, in case some of the grinds make their way through to the BBT. They can reek havoc with a bottle filler.

Comment

we've done a coffee stout numerous times without any flavors staying behind. injection of coffee slurry into brite tank.

you may want to clean the beer line well after just in case.

Comment

We've used a concentrated coffee extract in the bright before with our stouts, and never had a problem. Like the previous posters said, just make sure to clean the bright and your tap lines after, and then use that line for your double IPA in case of residual flavors...

Comment

Working...
        X