Becopads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becopads

Been using the Kd12, kd7, kd5 pads but trying to make the switch to becopad 350, 450, 550_is anyone familiar with the 350s? Our filter rep says the 450s are very popular in the industry, but we're working without a centrifuge so im going to try the 350s, which have a micron range of 0.9-1.6_any experience with these pads_positive or negative_would be appreciated_cheers!
    Tim Schnars II
    Brewmaster/Chief Zymurgist
    Meadowlark Brewing
    117 S. Central Ave.
    Sidney, MT 59270

I recall one brewery I used to work at used Beco pads at times. It was one of the finer grades and they were used with some success when haze problems occurred.

The latter tended to be when the new malt started coming through, with high levels of beta glucans and low molecular weight, soluble, proteins.

Beco pads always seemed to give better filter runs and didn't 'blind' quite so quickly.

Not sure if the precoat and bodyfeed regimes were also changed at those times, however.

Comment

I have been using Becopad 450's now for about 6 months. I think they are great and have experienced more throughput on the filter runs to easily offset the slightly higher cost when compared to other filter sheets. I also had a filter expert visit me to optimize our filter/sheet size and make sure we had the correct size....so they have good customer service to...at least in Denmark.
      Mike Jordan
      Brewmaster
      Boxing Cat Brewery
      Shanghai, P.R. China
      michael@boxingcatbrewery.com

Comment

As recommended, definately talk with supplier to get the most out of this pad style. It can work well in a polishing application and cut Ntu even on the 550's following centrifuge or 350's following DE.

I have brewers getting 19 cycles out of the pad to 2 months or more.

The savings on lack of hop oil absorbtion paid for filters alone, tons more of info but I'm getting preachy .

Jim
        Aftek
        1-800-240-5366

Comment

Working...
        X