Reverse Osmosis H2O Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Osmosis H2O Corrosion

Does anyone have advice or experience using Reverse Osmosis and/or a blend with city water for brewing? I believe there are two topics here. One, of course, is water treatment (which I have experience with at my current brewery with cartridge prefilter, activated carbon and a 1200 gallon storage and RO system) then the addition of minerals back into the water aligning its content to replicate the “ideal” levels for each beer profile. The second, and more of a concern and the focus of my query, is the detrimental (corrosive) effect of the RO water on storage in CLT and HLT.
    Thanks,
    Lon Weatherson
    Currently: Barley Brothers Brewery and Grill
    Opening Soon: Not So Normal Brewing Co.

I did a internet search and found this interesting document:

Surprisingly in this test aluminum did the best and stainless did the worst! It does not say if these bottles were lined or what type of stainless they were though. I thought Stainless was ok for RO water- maybe not?
    Defiantly pipe with Sched.80 PVC though, not copper.

Found a supplier and invited them to post on this, well see if they do.

20 years of unparalleled quality and support for every customer. Top rated and long-lasting reverse osmosis drinking water filtration systems. Learn more about our charity and referral programs.
    Last edited by Ted Briggs; 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
    X