Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firkin cleaning

Hello All,
    We're starting to do more firkin production, with more certainly to follow, and the old "soak em and scrub em" is getting real old. I'm looking to set up some sort of firkin cleaning setup, probably with a mini sprayball, that will speed all this up. The budget is not big, so sweet setups like they've got over at Dogfish are not going to happen- but I think there are alot of inexpensive possibilities that will work, and a little practical input from forumland is just what I need to make it happen.

cheers
    geoff
    Geoff DeBisschop
    Evolution Craft Brewing Company
    Delmar, DE

I started that other thread, and am now in the process of converting from firkins to corny kegs for our cask ale. Best case scenario is if I can get a sankey spear welded into a corny top and then we can use our regular keg washer to clean them!

Comment

Thanks Buckley that sound like what I'm after- do you have any photos? Space is at a super premium for us. I also don't want to dedicate a pump for this, though a 1.5hp pump will be available. Is this a (semi) mobile unit? being able to tuck it back in a corner would be a huge help. Did you use a sprayball similar to the barrel cleaning nozzles on sites like GW kent?
      cheers
      geoff
      Geoff DeBisschop
      Evolution Craft Brewing Company
      Delmar, DE

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have photos as I no longer work at that facility. I used a sink that I had in the brewery that wasn't seeing much action and turned it into my cleaning solution holding tank. I am thinking of building a new one out of a cut open keg that has tri clamp fitting welded on. The spray ball I used was the small one from my kettle, the kind that have the bearings and rotate. As for the pump I used my normal CIP pump as I did not have a second one to dedicate. When I initially made this it was out parts I could find around the brewery or get on the cheap.
        Last edited by Buckley; 09-10-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X