Table displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table displays

Since I've opened my tavern, I've been struggling with how best to present the customer with a list of beers. I currently have 13 drafts and over 50 bottles. I have a dry erase marker board for drafts, and I print out nice beer lists with descriptions organized into categories.

The problem is that I change up the list quite often (more than seasonally) and the time and cost of printing is frustrating. I'd like some sort of solution where I can print up individual beer cards and simply remove a card from a ring (or something) when I stop carrying it, or add a new card for a new beer.

Ideas?
    Noah A. Bolmer

Barley and Hops Tavern
    Occidental, CA
    www.barleynhops.com

Warped Brewing Company
    Sebastopol, CA

ring is good idea...

The ring idea is good.

How about a mini-3 ring binder with laminated cards?

Or how about a small pole in the middle of the table with rings (made out of pvc, perhaps) on the pole?

Do you have glass tops on the tables? Cards could go under the tops...

I'd consider putting up a monitor with a slideshow of the available beers up. Easy...just use a slideshow screensaver and a bunch of photo-info shots.

Rolodex?
    Magnets?
    Maybe just a nice metal box full of index cards? That might be fun...like when there are trivia cards at a restaurant...people's hands go right to them. I'd love to go to a place with a "beer box" on the table, and you can get a lot of info on to each card. Then people can take out the cards of the beers they want to try, and line them up on the table.

hope these ideas aren't too puerile for you...they sound fun to me.

Nat

Comment

Originally posted by Natrat
      The ring idea is good.

How about a mini-3 ring binder with laminated cards?

Or how about a small pole in the middle of the table with rings (made out of pvc, perhaps) on the pole?

Do you have glass tops on the tables? Cards could go under the tops...

I'd consider putting up a monitor with a slideshow of the available beers up. Easy...just use a slideshow screensaver and a bunch of photo-info shots.

Rolodex?
      Magnets?
      Maybe just a nice metal box full of index cards? That might be fun...like when there are trivia cards at a restaurant...people's hands go right to them. I'd love to go to a place with a "beer box" on the table, and you can get a lot of info on to each card. Then people can take out the cards of the beers they want to try, and line them up on the table.

hope these ideas aren't too puerile for you...they sound fun to me.

Nat
      Thanks Nat! Lots of good jumping off points here. The monitor is a good idea that I may use elsewhere (1887 building, not a lot of power outlets), but it would have 60+ slides. Maybe a good way to highlight the newest items, or specials.

I don't want to do something that is removable... I actually do, but I won't, because people steal things that aren't chained down (so I've learned). I don't have glass tops on the tables unfortunately, and the tables (particularly the 2 tops) are too small to permanently affix a pole - it would get in the way of our huge-portioned entrees.

Mini-3 ring binder with laminated cards is an idea.
      Noah A. Bolmer

Barley and Hops Tavern
      Occidental, CA
      www.barleynhops.com

Warped Brewing Company
      Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Working...
      X