Looking to make a connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to make a connection...

Trying to identify a hose connector and was hoping that someone recognizes this:

I'm looking for the pictured connection on one side and a 1.5" tri-clamp on the other, (though a threaded one would probably be just as helpful). It'd save a lot of screwing about .

Quick connect

That is a garden hose quick disconnect.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

If you are going to use a tri-clamp fitting, I would eliminate the hose quick disconnect and just go with a Male NPT to 1.5" tri-clamp adapter.

You would have to figure out what size the threads are -
      Last edited by fa50driver; 09-20-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I sincerely hope you are not going to put wort / yeast / beer through that. It looks like very grotty brass. Even if it isn't, it really doesn't look as though it would every be possible to make it hygienic, as these sorts of fittings are not designed for hygienic use. Use of aggressive cleaning agents will eat away the zinc part (if my assumption is right) allowing for even more crevices for contaminants to enjoy
        dick

Comment

Thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for, it's not a connection for beer.

Comment

The garden hose quick connect to triclamp is pretty handy if you are goint to be switching back and forth between say a hose nozzle and the tri-clamp. I use this all the time to flush out lines and rinse/preheat serving tanks for cleaning. If its a permanent thing the pipe thread would be better though.
            Big Willey
            "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Working...
            X