Ethics, Law, and Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethics, Law, and Fraud

I am an in predicament, and need some advice.

I witnessed a former employer removing and destroying labels from kegs so that he could sell them as something else. Ethically, I feel that this is the ultimate level of sleaze, but legally, what level of fraud was committed and what should I do about?

Your comments are welcome here.

Bill

Originally posted by william.heinric
    I am an in predicament, and need some advice.

I witnessed a former employer removing and destroying labels from kegs so that he could sell them as something else. Ethically, I feel that this is the ultimate level of sleaze, but legally, what level of fraud was committed and what should I do about?

Your comments are welcome here.

Bill
    if it is a FORMER employer, I would imagine that it would be perceived as "sour grapes", and without pictures, I dont know how you could prove he did what you said.
    www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Tough call, first off from the TTB and state perspective its a huge no no obviously, second its false representation of the product. Its completely skeezy and shady, but its the business owners word against a former employee if you were to pursue it.. IMO the best you can do its let Karma get him.

Comment

Liability

It's not a "sour grapes" concern, I don't think. I'm more concerned about my culpability as part of the sales team.

However, I do like the Karma feel.

Bill

Comment

Was he doing this while still an employee? If so, the company could have some liability to the TTB and state board. You'd have to say something.

Good luck

Anda
          I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

One question was it the company's own product or some one else's?

if its their own product, changing the name on a beer is not illegal
            if they are doing it because the product is coded ya thats sleazy but not illegal

FC
            Laughing Dog

Comment

Take a chill pill and thank the powers of the universe that you no longer work for this person.

You could write a letter to yourself, put it in an envelope, mail it to yourself and then stick it in a drawer unopened when it arrives.

Why?

If buddy gets busted in future real or suspected shenanigans, you will pop up with this sealed document describing your recent experiences and present it to the prosecutor/arbitrator/judge.

I like to structure my karma sometimes.

Pax.

Liam
              Liam McKenna
              www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Structured Karma, I like it!
                Cheers!
                David R. Pierce

Comment

Working...
                X