Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle drains vs. trench drains

Hi All,

I've been looking at resin trench drain systems for my contractor and the price is killing me. Many of my commercial brewer friends have floors sloped to simple round drains that cap a sloped pipe system in a cut trench. My question is, what kind of pipe can be used for such a system that will be sufficiently chemical and heat resistant?

TIA,

Kirk Hilse
    Twelve Bar Brews

Have you looked at Infinity Trench? We put together a great trench drain system for cheap. $250 for the concrete cut, $150 for plumbing to get the pipes right to fit the drain, ~$200 for the drain - 12', $50 on concrete mix, and $50 on renting a concrete mixer from Home Depot. Did the work ourselves, it works great and couldn't be happier. ~$700 total. Oh, and we'll have to seal/paint the concrete around the drain, but that shouldn't cost more than $100.

According the spec the drains are chemical and heat proof, nitric, sulfuric acids, etc.

--
    Danny Wang
    Owner/Brewmaster
    CAUTION: Brewing Company
    Denver, CO
    970.315.BREW

Comment

Having worked in several breweries and having to deal with both, I'd (and did) go with trench drains everyday and twice on Sunday ("what does that even mean?!?").
      They provide such a better ability to catch and collect floor water, chems, etc.

Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly that trench drains are WAY superior. I'm just trying to reduce costs and find that part of the bell curve where I can do more work yet save a lot.

I will definitely look at the Infinity system. If it can stand up to the heat and chems, it might just do the trick.

Thanks folks!

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing
          and twice on Sunday ("what does that even mean?!?"). Prost! Dave
          That's what she said.
          Cheers!
          David R. Pierce

Comment

Means you'd pull a double shift on sunday if God gave you a trench drain. I know that feeling.

Comment

Working...
            X