Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning sprayballs not spinning!

Hi all,
    Can anyone help me out? I'm working on a Thompson & Dobbins system and having problems with all the sprayballs. They have good pressure and water flow but none of them are spinning. I've got six of them and so far three are not working. I'm about to take the other three out and see what's going on.
    Any advice? I've taken the pieces apart but there doesn't seem to be any moving parts or bearings that may need to be replaced, so I'm not sure where to go next.
    Cheers!
    Mel

Are they hung vertically so the bearing surfaces have the least possible resistance (all the ones that I have come across have to be hung vertically - hence the comment)

Do they actually spin really easily or is there the slightest grittiness in the rotation. They need to spin freely for a good few seconds after you have spun them by hand and not stop almost immediately

Have you really go enough pressure ? Typically, they need 1.5 to 2 bar at the sprayhead to operate correctly.

Cheers
    dick

Comment

I forgot to ask - what make and size are they ?
      dick

Comment

Have you contacted George or Brendan (Thompson/Dobbin)?

Had similar issues with their sprayjets in Dublin.

I would suggest something more robust or even just a decent sprayball. What size are the vessels you want to clean?

Pax.

Liam
        Liam McKenna
        www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Working...
        X