aluminum shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminum shells

We are looking at some jacketed, but uninsulated stainless steels aging vessels. Pricing for insulation and shells make aluminum quite attractive. I know that caustic is a no-go with aluminum, but I am curious about the non-caustic cleaners out there. If anyone has experience cleaning aluminum, pins maybe?, or tanks that would care to share, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Allen
    Mother's Brewing Co
    Springfield, MO

When you get a big ding in the soft aluminum, remember that you will see it every day. Of course this happens with stainless skin that is too wimpy as well.

Comment

If these vessels are going to last more than a couple of years, particularly if you run visits, then I suggest you cough up the extra for stainless.

Aluminium will lose its shine over a few years due to oxdation, without the help of any chemicals, and as noted before, physically damages far more easily. Since aluminium will react to acids and alkalies, you are going to be very restricted in what you can and can't use, and will always have to be incredibly careful to avoid spillages

Cheers
      dick

Comment

Working...
      X