business plan software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business plan software

Hi, I've been working with business planner pro to create a business plan. I noticed that brewery-specific business planning software is available also. Would using the brewery-specific software be more appropriate for this task or would the software I'm using be adequate?

Richard Onysko
    Richard T Onysko

I say throw away all of your planning software. Even if it is slightly less appealling cosmetically, the effort and your knowledge of the biz will shine if you do your own. Banks/investors can see right through software and tend to show faith by lending/investing in those who have their own way of doing things.

Just a thought

Comment

I have to agree. For the Business Plan throw away the software. Just pick up a good book or two on the subject, and away you go. It really is your personal knowledge of / enthusiasm for the industry that needs to shine through. Most of the plan can be pretty straightforward. Just make sure your financials are realistic, and that you can explain why, and you should be fine. On the other hand, software is great for accounting, and a lawyer just told me my "software assisted" LLC operating agreement was one of the best and most complete he's ever seen. Best of Luck. (Remember realistic!)

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. My problem is that I'm a flight instructor with a degree in aviation who only knows the basics of homebrewing. All I have is a product in my head. Namely, wholly organic brews. I don't know anything about business or the world of commercial brewing other than what I've been reading in "Brewery Planner". I'm really starting from scratch, so to say. That's why I was using the software. I'll keep reading!

Richard
        Richard T Onysko

Comment

Working...
        X