Keg Sani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Sani

What is everybody using for the sani cycle when cleaning kegs. I have used phos acid in the past but since I have iodophor and saniclean sitting around I was wondering if anyone had ever used them. The contact time in the factory program for the keg washer doesn't meet with the reccommended time of the sanitizers. Acid would also help keep the keg walls free of stone, and if the pH is low enough would be an effective sanitizer. Guess I just wanted to know if someone had succes with other chems?

Cheers and brews to you!

Sean

no idophor

I wouldn't use iodopohor at all, PAA or starxene would be my choice, however starzene has more cautionary issues when prepping for use. Saniclean looks like it is recommended as a acid clean by 5-star, however it is used often for sanitizing, I just wouldn't use it for a non-rinse keg situation.

Comment

Originally posted by lagunabrewdude
      What is everybody using for the sani cycle when cleaning kegs. I have used phos acid in the past but since I have iodophor and saniclean sitting around I was wondering if anyone had ever used them. The contact time in the factory program for the keg washer doesn't meet with the reccommended time of the sanitizers. Acid would also help keep the keg walls free of stone, and if the pH is low enough would be an effective sanitizer. Guess I just wanted to know if someone had succes with other chems?

Cheers and brews to you!

Sean
      Birko Di-Oxy-Chlor
      Cheers!
      David R. Pierce

Comment

I have also used PAA in the past with good results. I am just trying to burn through what chemicals I have. I generally try to clean and sani kegs right before I fill them which is why I have been using the saniclean. Maybe with my next chem orderI'll pick up some starxene to try.

Thanks

Comment

You want something that kills really effectively such as Chlorine Dioxide or PAA, since your contact time is so short. I prefer Chlorine Dioxide.

Comment

I use saniclean as the final, no-rinse step in my keg cleaning regimen. I have a 10 gallon reservoir that I mix up. The 10 gallons will get through about 20 to 30 kegs before the pH starts to increase and has to be dumped and replaced. So far, no issues on the product. I try to be diligent in allowing it to drain completely, but there is always a teeny amount left in the keg. Again, I cant detect any affect on the beer. I see it as similar to star-san, without the foaming properties.

I also use saniclean for sanitizing tanks too, so its convenient to only have one sanitizer in the brewery for all uses.

Andrew
            Parish Brewing Co.
            Andrew Godley
            Parish Brewing Co.
            Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

Working...
            X