Name that pump! (help needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that pump! (help needed)

I've got a keg-washer pump that's blown a seal (make penguin joke here) and is leaking all over the place. Rather than toss the whole thing, I'd like to replace the seals on it, but the badge is long gone, and I don't know the manufacturer.

The 100kb file limit here is tighter than the TTB's 450kb, so I just put the pics up on the brewery's site. Here's the pump, and the plate on the MagneTec motor that runs it. And yes, there's a little bit of residue on their exterior. Inlet/outlet are both 1.5"TC.

http://eastendbrewing.com/node/893

A manufacturer would at least get me started. If you can give a model number, well you would rock sir - or madam.

Many thanks!
    Scott

Looks like a BLC70 or BLC110 from Jiangmen Angel Hardware in China.

Pretty standard for CIP and washdown pumps. Parts should be easy to come by online from water filtration shops.

There should be two bolts on the cover, one at 12:00 and one at 6:00 (from outlet at 12:00)

Hope that helps a little

Natrat

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Brewsalot
      I've got a keg-washer pump that's blown a seal (make penguin joke here) and is leaking all over the place. Rather than toss the whole thing, I'd like to replace the seals on it, but the badge is long gone, and I don't know the manufacturer.

http://eastendbrewing.com/node/893

A manufacturer would at least get me started. If you can give a model number, well you would rock sir - or madam.

Many thanks!
      Scott
      My best guess is an old Lowara Model Ce or Cea
      Good luck!
      Cheers!
      David R. Pierce

Comment

Looks like a Gould G&L series pump, but can't say for sure. Don't know if sanitary tri-clamp fittings come with it, but I've seen them with tri-clamp fittings welded on.
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Sure looks like a Gould to me.

I think these people can help you and they are in Pa.

pumpshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee
            Looks like a Gould G&L series pump, but can't say for sure. Don't know if sanitary tri-clamp fittings come with it, but I've seen them with tri-clamp fittings welded on.
            I thought Gould initially as well. The dimples stamped into the pump face made me think of lowara.

Who built the washer?
            Cheers!
            David R. Pierce

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yes, there is a bolt at 12:00 and another at 6:00, so between those and the dimples, it should be easy to match to a photo of a new one.

So far, I've tried pumpshop.com, and they tell me that Goulds does not make a sanitary fitting pump, just threaded. Taking another look at the photo, I'm wondering if the fittings were welded to it (as was suggested here) by the maker or the unit - which I believe to be Premiere Stainless, or what was New World Brewing back then.

Other local pump shops seem to think it's not a Goulds based on the pics. And I can't seem to find any photos of the other suggestions here that match. Or are even somewhat close to matching the dimpled face.

So the hunt continues...

Comment

Ooops. My wife (!!) just pointed out that I have one apart in my shop.

It's an Ebara CDU.

(803) 327-5005 or sales@pumpsebara.com

Hope that helps

Nat
                Last edited by Natrat; 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Bingo! That's the one for sure! (Wow, it's so shiny...)

Tell your wife I owe her a beer! Redeemable at the CBC in the Spring, or here in Pittsburgh any time you're passing thru. I'll even buy you one too.

Cheers,
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Brewsalot
                    Bingo! That's the one for sure! (Wow, it's so shiny...)

Tell your wife I owe her a beer! Redeemable at the CBC in the Spring, or here in Pittsburgh any time you're passing thru. I'll even buy you one too.

Cheers,
                    Scott
                    True story, that's what on my filter, D'ooh.
                    Cheers!
                    David R. Pierce

Comment

I guess that also verifies your TC flanges were welded on after factory.

Comment

Originally posted by South County
                        I guess that also verifies your TC flanges were welded on after factory.

No, Ebara offers the pump with triclamp or DIN fitting. The one in my shop was factory welded. All stamped cover pumps have their fittings welded on...

Comment

Originally posted by Natrat
                          No, Ebara offers the pump with triclamp or DIN fitting. The one in my shop was factory welded. All stamped cover pumps have their fittings welded on...
                          Gotcha. Good Deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X