Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Info?

Hello Folks!
    I'm in the process of writing a business plan for a Brewpub. I'm having some trouble finding information on tourism dollars spent in my local area. My local Chamber of commerce hasn't been much help.
    I'm located in Somerset, PA. We have two major ski resorts located within 15 miles of us plus a strong draw to the area from the incidents of the past three years (Flight 93 and the Quecreek mine accident).
    Aside from my local COC, where can I find the info I need?
    Also I'm checking into brewery consultants. Would it be better to find someone who is from the Mid Atlantic region or is that not a factor?
    Thanks very much!

Market

Make sure you consider other restaurants and bars that are in direct competition. As important as tourists are it's the people that come in week after week that pay your rent! Ask local vendors (i.e. beer, liquor, food and smallwares) what they are spending on a weekly basis and work backwards from beer cost, liquor cost and food cost taking in account that actual food purchases are slightly higher than cost PC!

Potential food vendors will be very helpful especially if you have a preliminary menu together. And remember....samples, samples, samples! Free food helps!

In a brewpub you are operating a restaurant make sure that you are focussing on the areas food sales. You could also look at sales taxes paid by your competitors....

Good Luck!

P.S.
    We will have our 10/ 20 bbl. Pub Brewhouse for sale late this year. Its perfect for a 200 seat pub with limited distribution!
    Kai Adams
    Sebago Brewing Company
    www.sebagobrewing.com

Comment

Working...
    X