7 bbl pub system specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 bbl pub system specs

I just bought a 7 bbl pub system for our brewery. We are having trouble getting a hold of anyone at The Pub Brewing Company to find info/specs for the info we need to install the system.

Does anyone have some kind of specs document that came with a 7 bbl pub system? What kind of power requirements does the brew house need? 50 Amps, 3 phase or what? We got everything we need for the boiler just nothing about the brew house (kettle, HLT, mash tun)

Any help would be great. Also if anyone has a contact to Pub I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Pub

I hate to be the one to break it to you but they have been out of business for quite some time. Fortunately, there are lots of people out there still using their equipment so I'm sure you will get the information you need. We have built a pretty good selection of replacement parts so if you have any questions about the gaskets, valve seats, etc... just drop me a line.
    Dwight Clark
    BreweryGaskets.com
    Jet Gasket & Seal Co
    Brewerygaskets.com
    (702) 448-6787

Comment

haha. Yeah our brewer knew they were out of business just not me. Know wonder they won't call me back.

Anyway same questions still stand, does anyone have any documentation for a 7 bbl pub system?

-Patrick

Comment

I'm going to guess no pub documentation ever existed, or, if it did, it no longer does. What do you need to know? They're pretty straight-forward.

Comment

Originally posted by prcrawford
          I just bought a 7 bbl pub system for our brewery. We are having trouble getting a hold of anyone at The Pub Brewing Company to find info/specs for the info we need to install the system.

Does anyone have some kind of specs document that came with a 7 bbl pub system? What kind of power requirements does the brew house need? 50 Amps, 3 phase or what? We got everything we need for the boiler just nothing about the brew house (kettle, HLT, mash tun)

Any help would be great. Also if anyone has a contact to Pub I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
          Patrick
          Most small brew house panels with pumps run on a 3 phase 20 amp circuit, however if your panel includes mill, auger, etc this will increase your amperage load.

Comment

the pump on ours is the only 3phase item, the control panel is all single phase so we have it wired as such. Alas, we had an electrician do all of that. Only the solenoids for steam on the bk and hlt, the light on the bk, and maybe the timer are wired. We do not have our augers or mill wired into the control panel although that would likely be single phase if you did.

Comment

Pub Manual

The control panel for my Pub System is single phase 220V. My pump is 3 Phase 220V. The third phase is made up by the VFD. Does your system have a VFD for the pump motor or on/off?

Comment

Thanks for this info guys. I'll know more about the system in the next few weeks once we go pick it up.

Thanks,
                Patrick

Comment

Everything for my 7BBL system runs on 3 phase except for the solenoids for the FV's. Kettle pump, CIP pumps, mill, auger, glycol, filter - its all 3 phase.
                  Manuel

Comment

I bought a 7 bbl brew system (Pub Brewing) and after a lot of research on internet I have found almost all the information I need to replace parts. I have a contact that worked for Pub Brewing but I have to advise you that he is pretty expensive. I still have a big concern on the Glycol Chiller: I know that is air cooled chiller, it is 3-phase the model could be CF-5.... but I need more info before install it on the roof I need for example to know exactly the weight. The main problem is that seems that Heatcraft discontinued the glycol chiller line and I have not found any manual by Heatcraft. The only thing I have found was about a chiller CF-5 by edward Engineering but the picture of the this model is different from what I have.
                    I have the manual of the steam generator (3 phase) manufactured by Sussman and info about the Return Tank (Rema). Heat exchanger is from Thermaline, 1/16 DIN microbased controller is from Partlow, etc .... I have found gaskets for the pumps and pipes from BreweryGasket.com
                    Please let me know if you need some detail about something. I can probably have an answer to your concern (if any). Also if you think you nedd the contact I have in Pub Brewing, do not hesitate to ask me. If you have info on your Glycol Chiller please let me know

Carlo

Comment

We found almost everything we need also, except the weight of the glycol unit. We are guessing 300 lbs but let you know if we find out more.

-patrick

Comment

I was told (reibert07430@aol.com) the weight of the Heatcraft Chiller (I do not know the model but my brew system is 7 bbl like yours with 4 fermenters ... ) was #1,600 ... it is pretty huge and old (probably 1997), I wonder if it is still working. Do you have the manual or any reference for the maintenance? Have you already contacted Heatcraft?
                        Thanks

Comment

We have our pub system all installed and working. The only thing we may need to fix is one of the parlow controllers for the HLT, no big deal at all.

However, we are still looking for the manual for the chiller, I think most pub systems have the same one. It works great, but just in case it breaks or needs a charge we have no idea what kind of refrigerant it needs.

Does anyone have one of those?

-Patrick

Comment

This may also help. http://www.genemco.com/catalog/CAHR001microbrewery.pdf

Comment

Here is some info

(13) Poly Tote. w/ fiberglass cover; 3 ft. 10 in. L x 3 ft. 1 in. W x 3 ft. 6 in. H.

Comment

Working...
                              X