Washington State Brewery Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Brewery Startup

I am in startup mode for a microbrewery in Washington State and would love to ask some questions to someone that has recently gone through the same process and is now delivering kegs to accounts or has a tasting room. I want to find out little things like when you accept payment for a delivery or if you have to have food in your tasting room and any speed bumps we can expect and prepare for with the TTB or WSLCB.

Thank you,

JS

skreener11 at yahoo dot com
    Jarrett Skreen
    Ashtown Brewing Co.
    360-431-8411
    ashtownbrewing@gmail.com

I'm very curious as well, I'm in the very early planning stages (business plan, funding etc) of a brewpub and am thinking of doing it in the greater seattle area, with all that competition (yes I'm a sadist :P) and their state website only ever mentions two things... an annual fee of something like 100$ for a brewery, and more for a beer sales permit. I think 200 or 400 more. They then indicate a tax per barrel, and that's pretty much it. I'm wondering if they just don't have a major process, (maybe they're smart and realize the real hurdle is the TTB).
    ~Phil

Comment

Call them

I have found that the best way to approach both the WSLCB and the TTB is to call them and tell them that you are a startup and you want to start the licensure proces. Both are more friendly then you would expect.

Comment

I did just that myself yesterday and got email back in like 1 hour. Very prompt service w/ very helpful answers. I'll have to get much further down the research path before I ask them more though, she inundated me w/ information.

~Phil

Comment

The Washington state part is pretty easy, The TTB part will be the headache. Anyone in the Label/TTB process right now that could shed some light? I am also looking at commercial property and wondering if anyone ran into snags with the TTB on their actual facility.

THanks,

Skreener
          Ashtown Brewing Co.
          Jarrett Skreen
          Ashtown Brewing Co.
          360-431-8411
          ashtownbrewing@gmail.com

Comment

Talk to Sherry Fausz @ TTB 513-684-6954. She usually gets back to you within a day or two.

Mike Runion
            7 Seas Brewing

Comment

Working...
            X