Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unitanks without jacketing on the cone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unitanks without jacketing on the cone???

We are getting 6 new 120 bbl fermentors. Today I saw the final drawing and they have 2 big glycol bands around the cylinder but none on the cone. I think I remember reading a paper on tanks of this design having issues with the yeast getting to hot as it sits in the cone? It insulates itself and while creating metabolic heat, then gets to hot causing “bad stuff”... Has anyone ells heard of this? Am I getting paranoid over nothing?

Hi,

You need some cooling on the cone for exactly that reason - better change those things before it's too late..... I would not approve the construction of unitanks without cone cooling.

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

I totally agree with Alex T.

Comment

Aggreed- need cone jackets.
        Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

yep

On tanks that big, cone jackets are an absolute must, also when you plumb them for glycol I would separate all three zones onto their own thermocouples and controls. Also while your at it double check the drawing to make sure your tanks have enough head space. If they left out cone jackets, what else did they miss?!

Comment

Don't let these guys get away with cheap crap...

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto..... Maybe time to switch manufacturers if they don't know what they're doing, or else have chosen to ignore good manufacturing practices. Agree once again with South County, what else have they decided to cheapen up on? Time to buckle down and REALLY LOOK CLOSELY at the whole package. Chinese, I assume?
            Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
            X