Cooling Jacket for a Grundy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Jacket for a Grundy?

We are picking up six 5 bbl Grundy tanks. We will probably use them as Bright Tanks, maybe ferment in a couple. I am wondering how to go about fitting them with cooling jackets. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this process?

Big thanks to this community!
    Attached Files

Talk to the folks at McMenamins. They use modified grundys at most of their locations. I have seen a few of the modified grundys and what they have done is welded a stainless band around the outside of the tank. I am sure you could get a few photos from them to get an idea of what they are doing. I hope this helps.

Comment

I had Steve Hambly (from Oregon) fit jackets on to my 7 bbl grundys. Mine were different in that they had top access ports which allowed a complete jacket to be attached around the circumference. The jacket would have to be slightly different to fit on yours, since you have side access.

I also had him weld in a racking arm and carbonation port as well as change all of the top fittings to tri-clamp. The price was very reasonable. His contact information is below:

stephen.hambly@comcast.net

Comment

Call Functional Innovations, LLC
        (971) 212-3301

I decided to go a different direction, but their quote was pretty good.
        ---------------
        Garry Pitman
        Manzanita Brewing Company
        Santee, CA

Comment

Working...
        X