Home Draft Equipment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Draft Equipment Question

I have recently purchased a beer keg refrigerator and thought it would be cool to install a facet external to the refrigerator (in the wall of my bar). To do this I purchased a 3" shank with a 1/4" bore, approximately 10 FT of 5/16" beer line, a new facet, and the appropriate hardware for the beer line (1/4” bore). I used the existing tower as and entry point into the refrigerator by drilling a hole in the cap of the tower. Only approximately 3 ft of beer line, which I have insulated, is exposed outside of the refrigerator. When using the original beer line and facet, the beer flows normally with approximately 10 – 12 psi of CO2 pressure. When I disconnect the original equipment and connect the add-on equipment (outside facet) the beer flows very fast causing excessive foam. I am able to slow the flow down somewhat by decreasing the CO2 pressure to approximately 3 psi, however it still flows faster than normal. Would installing smaller diameter beer line and the appropriate connecting hardware resolve this problem? Any help is appreciated.

kegarator

i had the same problem. one easy solution that i now use is to turn your gas back to 8psi and either half open gas line or close valve completely. once beer starts to slow down open valve for a second or two and you should be able to pour 5-6 beers no problem. continue to regulate pressure whenever it slow pours

Comment

Is the 5/16" line you refer to ID or OD? The choke line you want to use to restrict flow to a 1/4" shank is 3/16" ID. I've run insulated, non-refrigerated line 20' to a tower with choke line and got away with it running at 12 psi (Not that I recommend it). A 3' run should be no problem.

Comment

Fast Beeeeeeeeeeeeer

FLOW CONTROL VALVE 3/8" IN / 3/16" OUT BARBED FITTINGS Rapids Item # 9S165
        Price$27.49

Works great. --Ted
        Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
        X