Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cans vs Beers Market Research

Hello all,

Cans vs bottles is a big question with a lot of capital investment and brand equity riding on it.

I'm with a brewery in the process of making that decision, and we've contracted with a local MBA program to neutrally assess the environmental (mining to recycling), financial (materials sourcing to transport), operational (bulk ordering of cans, inventory maintenance, etc.), and marketing (quality perception, shelf differentiation, etc.) effects.

Part of the study is a consumer survey -- focusing on can vs bottle perceptions -- which will be professionally administered online to confirmed adult craft drinkers. Here's the rub -- the survey is too inexpensive. There are "minimum project prices" that all the respectable survey service-providers (a company with their own representative and vetted panelists and which can administer the survey and guarantee us quality responses and statistical relevance) insists on.

The good news is that this means economies of scale are massive and we are hoping someone might like us to extend the survey to their area. If you do, you'll get full ownership over the results in your area and "nationally", and we'll be happy to share with you the results of the greater analysis we are commissioning. The only thing we ask in return is your help in funding just your portion of the online survey part of it.

I don't know what the full cost will be for that yet -- it will depend on how many players we gather. But to give you a ballpark number, with absolutely zero economies of scale, our portion of usable sample would have been around $500. I expect that number will drop by about a quarter or more when we can get a half-dozen or so contributors.

If you're interested please let me know and I'll give you more info. I can be reached via this forum or at ian@schubrosweeks.com.

Cheers,

-Ian
Working...
X