Keg Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Cleaning

Hello. I have a 4 place keg cleaner that has 1 tank for chemicals. A a result I am not able to sanitize my kegs post cleaning. Every 3 - 4 times through I pull the spears and fill them with Per Acid and rinse. This is an obvious pain not to mention expensive. Does anyone have an idea how to stream line this procedure?

When all kegs are washed, empty the caustic solution, refill with sanitizer and wash all again. Yes, a pain...or set cleaning solution to 160F+ to heat sanitize.

Comment

Yep, I've done both! Obviously, heat sanitizing is faster...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Keg sanitizing is not done chemically. It really must be done with heat. To do it properly, it must be done with steam. I am assuming you are using closed system kegs like a Sankey style, but even open bung style kegs are seldom sanitized with chemicals. Having a single detergent keg washer should only mean you aren’t cleaning with both caustic and acid. Guaranteed destruction of beer spoilers can only happen at temperatures above 125C for at least 60 seconds. If you aren’t doing this, I hope you are keeping your finished product cold, and that means in the trade too. Feel free to e-mail me to discuss this further at majesticpkgsol@aol.com

Cheers,

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X