Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Preventers

Hey All
    Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations about foam preventers. We are looking to to install them on our ten guest beer lines(read yellow piss beer). I'm looking for a product that can easily be cleaned through for line cleaning, requiring little maintenance. Also our lines are only 55 feet long...is this too short of a run to rationalize installing these. I figure we pour about a pitcher and a half of foam on a keg change and go through about 3 1/2bbl per week of the yellow stuff.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Cheers!
    Jay Stoyanoff
    Brewmaster
    Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
    Plattsburgh, NY

With a 55 foot run what ID of hose are you using? Maybe just going to a smaller ID hose will take care of it.
    Two Fisted Brewing co.
    in planning stages, slated for west
    side of Grand Rapids MI.
    troy@twofistedbrewing.com

Comment

jay,
      in the field i see the pro max 2 from the micromatic catalog used the most. They are manufactured by pacific beer equipment. with out a proper cleaning routinr they will get discolored and possibly harbor some off flavors. they are more durable than the smart couplers or the fobs that attach directly to the keg coupler. there are also stainless/glass (as opposed to plastic) units out there, I have not seen them in service. pm me if you need more details
      Jim Brown, Owner
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      3440 Win Kae Place
      Bay City, MI 48706
      989-233-2221

Comment

Micromatic's Pro-max wall-mount stainless unit is pretty nice. They work well and are fairly easy to clean. Don't know whether they are plastic sight glass, or glass--seem to remember glass. Should be glass for $136! Note that they call them "Profit Maximizers".

Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

2nd the Stainless Micromatic Promax

I installed 9 of them at our brewery and it helped bring our waste down to 5-7%. Granted it could be due to the fact that I brought attention to our staff that we were monitoring our beer more closely. Anyways, I really like this product. We use to lose approximately 2-4 pitchers of foam/beer every keg change and now it's down to minimal amount. Cleaning lines with them are very easy as well. And most importantly our staff have even learned how to use them! It's a win if you are the owner looking to make more money and a win as a brewer knowing that you will be working a little less

Comment

Working...
          X