Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What lab equipment do you have in your Brewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lab equipment do you have in your Brewery?

Hello everyone,

I am working on designs for a start-up 2500 bbl per year Brewpub and I am curious what "lab" equipment you have in your brewery to measure and maintain quality (i.e. DO meter, pH meter, hemocytometer, etc...).

I am a lab geek and can easily go way overboard, so it would be good to know what is considered standard equipment.

Thanks.

We use a pH meter make sure our mash pH is to spec. We monitor finished beer pH as well. We count yeast for every fermentor with a micro scope and hemocytometer. I would like a DO meter but all we have is a Zahm air tester. We are at 15,000 bbl a year.
    If I was to brew in a pub I would want a pH meter and the hemocytometer....

Comment

Microscope
      Hemocytometer
      Magnetic stir plate
      Digital pH meter
      Refractometer
      Zahm&Nagel CO2 tester
      Bunch of test tubes

Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

if you go to brewingscience.com then go to 'products' there is a supplies guide there for a basic lab set-up. I based my current lab set-up off this and am able to count yeast, take wort samples, monitor ph throughout the process, take daily samples and plate them on a variety of medias, do gram stains, autoclave equipment, etc. I feel like it's a robust lab set-up for a small production brewery (less than 2000 bbls), cost me less than a grand to set up when all was said and done. I will get a DO meter and piercer next. I've worked in other breweries (much larger) with gas chromatography units and photospectrometers but that equipment is a bit excessive for most of us.

Comment

Working...
        X