Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Health Insurance

Hey Folks,

So, what are the experiences with providing health insurance for emplyees -both full and part time folks (brewmaster/operations manager)? The numbers seem to add up pretty fast. I know this is what it is (oh I hate that phrase), but are there any tried and true tricks for joining known groups or code words/loop holes that find savings?

Thanks soooo much.

Is dental insurance expected? Want the best for everyone, but we're just getting the kite off the ground.

Feel free to PM me.

Thankful!!!!!!
    -Jules
    Thx
    -Jules

Insurance

If you check the adds only recently have small breweries really started offering insurance. The best I've seen that was cost effective for the owners was to have an employment agency employ your workers.

This was done at YBOR city brewing, and the management, didn't have to deal with paychecks or many of the other time consuming task that relate to general office work. You will have to check in your area, and I would also speak to my lawyer about this option. What it did do was provide insurance to us (the workers) that we would not have had otherwise. The down side is we were actually not the breweries employees, but I could call the temp agency and have laborers report as needed on 24 hr notice.

Graydon

Comment

Working...
    X