Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to get a Brewer's Bond quickly and easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get a Brewer's Bond quickly and easily?

I'm at that stage now. I'm opening a small nano in GA. All i need is a 1000.00 bond. Do I have to jump thru a ton of hoops?.. Can i just write a check for a cash bond?. UGH.
    Scott Hedeen
    Founder and Brewmaster
    The Burnt Hickory Brewery
    Kennesaw Georgia 30144
    “Free yr Mind and yr Glass Will Follow"

Yes.
    Write a check.
    Collateral Bond, it is called.

Comment

Use the form for a Brewer's Collateral Bond, TTB f5130.25, and write the TTB a check.

Comment

surety bond

if your insurance company is worth a damn you should be able to get a surety bond through in about 2 weeks. it'll cost you about $100 a year. it's less than paying the cash bond, but will take a few weeks. i guess it depends on how fast you need it....
        Scott LaFollette
        Fifty West Brewing Company
        Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

cash bond

Every year at the CBC the TTB has a BOOTH (little joke there). A great resource, worth the trip for any brewery-in-planning. Two things stuck with me when I visited with them several years ago in Boston: make your application very neat and easy to read, including drawings; and make sure you have a good bond, the right bond, we love cash bonds.
          I paid my architect to do my drawings and I used a cash bond. I had my federal license in less than 60 days (different times, I understand).
          Remember, you can always replace your bond.
          Jeff Schrag
          Mother's Brewing Co.
          Springfield, Missouri

Comment

Working...
          X