Parallel Secondary CO2 regulators for keg filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel Secondary CO2 regulators for keg filling

We fill a lot of kegs off our pub's serving tanks and find that we have to turn up the gas regulator just so the flow of CO2 into the tank can keep up with the outflow of beer. If we walk away from it for too long, we end up over-pressurizing the tank.

I figure if I were to "wire" 4 or so regulators in parallel, so they were all sending gas to the tank together, I could get 4X the flow without setting the regulators higher than the desired tank pressure. Anyone tried this?

I know a "high flow" regulator would also work, but they're pricey and harder to source.

how about a cheap little Graco pump that runs off of the CO2? Works for packaging...just put it inline and hook up a secondary CO2 line...or even air...for running the pump.

Nat

Comment

I have just figured out how many half turns it takes to get the gas in and beer out equal. Each regulator is different. My Norgrens have better flow an only a half turn on the set screw keeps up with steady kegging, the tap rites are more like 3 or 4. As long as you dont stop kegging for extended periods it works well. Also makes it easy to reset the regs by adjusting them back the same number of turns.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Working...
      X