Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• velo 10 sq. meter S.O.P.

hello all,

does anyone have an sop for the velo 10 sq. meter filter?

thanks,

trey

We have a 10sq. Metre vertical Velo filter. We are using 3 grades for pre-coat and a wee bit of cellulose, then 1 grade for dosing. SOP is about the same as other DE filters. Thou ours was rated at 60hl/hour, we normally run between 30 & 40hl/hour.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

3 grades?

why 3 grades for pre-coat? that seems unusual....why not just one at the right particle distribution?
      just curious....
      Larry Horwitz

Comment

valve??

On my DE filter there is a valve around back on the dosing arm between the dosing tank outlet and the pump. if opened beer would come straight off the pump, though the pump head and into the product stream. You know what valve im talking about??
        My question is this: its broken and in the off positon- IS there a reason to use this? It would add beer to the dose but if you wanted less % of de than turn the pump down right? It does create a dead-leg for cleaning though.
        Last edited by Ted Briggs; 11-18-2011, 08:31 AM.
        Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

Hey Ted!

Hey Ted, how you been man? Erosion dose filter? if so, I believe that's the line for emptying the dose at the end of filtration...got a photo?
          Larry Horwitz

Comment

ted,

it's hard to picture without a picture. could it be the primer valve for the doser...on the velo's there are two priming valves and both are behind the slurry bell

trey

Comment

Working...
            X