Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermenter temperature controller options

Hi,

We have been using individual Johnson Controls A419 controllers for our fermentation temperature control. I stumbled across the BCS-462 from http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com today which seems to have all the functionality we would be looking for (web based, droid accessible, fully configurable, and low priced). The only limitation seems to be the 8 inputs...

Has anyone else had any experience with the BCS-462 or 460? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't seem to be incredibly scalable...but the price seems to work out about the same as buying individual A419s.

Also on a related note, has anyone had success using motorized ball valves similar to this:

oscsys.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, oscsys.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I know the close/open time is a little slower (~3s) compared to diapham solenoids valves, but it seems the risk of them being stuck open is lower.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Take a look over at www.homebrewtalk.com for more discussion about the BCS-460. The makers also are responsive to email.

I am looking at using one for my 4 fermenters and 2 brites. Also going to use the other 2 inputs to monitor the coldroom and ambient, mostly for logging purposes. I want to be able to check things remotely and this seems perfect for it.

I would be interested in hearing more about using them in this capacity as well, most have only used it for brewhouse control, fermenter chambers, and keezers at the homebrew scale.
    Last edited by bwiens; 11-08-2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I would look also at a Tekmar Gateway, it cost a bit more but you could start your steam boiler on at home and have it heat your HLT before you got to work. It will also email you if the temps are out of range. I've used it and it works well. Todd

Comment

Glad to have found this post! I want to monitor all fermentation temperature remotely and also the ability of the controller to send an SMS or Email alert when things go south like a stuck open solenoid valve letting glycol flow non stop in the jacket and end up with a Mr Freeze

I believe I could acheive this with the BCS-460... I will do more research. If anyone finds more info post it here.

Thanks!
        Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
        www.CasselBrewery.ca
        Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Working...
        X