Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another chemical thread

Hey all,
    I am trying to get together all my info on the different chemical companies. I have sheets and prices from most of them, but there are so many choices I do not know what to make of some of these lists. birko sent a comparable list to other - i.e.fivestar - products. I have a list from enerco I am trying to figure out the comparables to, but having a hard time. I will email Debbie this week, but thought I would ask here since it is the weekend. My recommendations for chems so far is to start with PBW, acid 5, paa (or poaa?), starsan, and a good line cleaner - cold temp cleaner. I have the five star list, and the birko, as I mentioned. Anyone have the comparable enerco products? Or loeffler, or any other company? We are in Michigan so we thought enerco would be one way to go local, but would love any more feedback/advice on any of your favorites. pm's are fine, if you have more info than a post warrants!
    Thanks!
    David

I order most of my basic chemicals; caustic, acid cleaner, PAA, and iodine sanitizer from a local janitor's supply company. Free next-day delivery and we don't have to keep a big inventory on hand. About once a year I order a pallet with phos acid, line cleaner and other more specialized chemicals. Whichever way you go try to minimize your shipments by getting all your stuff from one company and ordering in quantity (or get free local delivery). Shipping hazardous chemicals can be expensive.

Comment

Been using nothing but Birko for 5 years. Can't say enough good things about their products.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrewinLou
        Been using nothing but Birko for 5 years. Can't say enough good things about their products.
        Ditto, but for 16 years. The price point is right as well.
        Cheers!
        David R. Pierce

Comment

Working...
        X