Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacketed serving vessels Vs single walled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacketed serving vessels Vs single walled?

Cost aside, for a brew pub what are your thoughts on

- Jacketed serving vessels so that we can serve different brews at appropriate temps
    Vs
    - Singled walled servings tanks in a cooler?

Needs inputs on your experience with
    1. energy costs
    2. operational issues
    3. any other considerations.

Cheers!

shailly.

I'm sorry nobody has replied to your question.

My philosophy is to use jacketed BBT whenever possible. Less space requirements. Walk-ins take a lot of space if they are going to hold BBT. Also, you have the ability to control individual temps on jackets tanks.

Single walls in a walk-in is wasted energy. A walk-in has to cool the entire volume of air inside, whereas a jacketed, glycol vessel only has to cool the contents of the tank.

I really dont see any cost savings in buying single wall tanks, bc you then have the cost of a cooler. Just pay more for the jacketed tanks and save the money in the long run.
    Joe Kearns
    Brewmaster
    The White Hag Brewing Co.
    Sligo, Ireland

Comment

Here's a couple of thoughts for you, how much kegged beer do you plan to have around?

Also a cold room gives you the security of keeping you beer colder for a longer period of time if/when you have equipment failure. Jacketed tanks warm up quick in the summer while single wall tanks in a walk will hold a "pourable" temp for a much longer time.
      Cheers,
      Mike Roy
      Brewmaster
      Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
      5123 Baltimore Ave
      Hyattsville,MD 20781
      301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
      @franklinsbrwry
      facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

Yep - what Mike said. Your beer should already be cold going into the SSBBT and will stay cold in the cold room for quite some time if the refer goes. If the Glycol system goes, you could end up with a lot of warm beer quickly.
        Cheers!

Jeff
        Carbondale Beer Works

Comment

Working...
        X