Nano Square Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano Square Feet

While searching for a location for my smalll 3 bbl system, I found a tiny place that will barely hold my homebrew equipment (465 sq ft).

So I started thinking, who has the the smallest nano out there (in terms of square feet)?

Check this link out from JV Northwest.

JVNW (JV Northwest, Inc.) is a manufacturer of stainless steel tanks/vessels, mixers and systems. Made in USA.

Chris

Comment

We do it all in 800ft2.
      Mike Hess
      Proprietor/CBO
      Mike Hess Brewing Co., LLC
      Back to Back World Beer Cup Gold Award winners
      (Rye and Kolsch)
      est 2010

Comment

Hey Mike,
        Thanks for being forthcoming about your size. We are considering a very small startup as well. Our equipment is *just* smaller than yours. We are looking at a space that is 915 square feet. Would you mind elaborating on what you have in there (size and # of fermenters, tap house size, etc..). Do you have sufficient space or do you wish you were bigger? Do you think you have enough room to grow?

Thanks!

Comment

Check out the awesome blog Hess Brewing has maintained which has all the info you need. It can be found at http://hessbrewing.blogspot.com/ Most of the start-up info is in 2009 and 2010.

All future nano's owe the guys at Hess a big thank you for this effort!!

Andrew Knechel
          Bucks County Brewery

Comment

You know, I've seen this before (a LONG time ago), but I really need to go back and give it another look. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

1.5 bbl in 192 SF. it is tight.

Kirk Bosi
              ISOB Brewing Company
              Manhattan, IL

Comment

1.5 barrel system in 150 square feet. It's tight, but everything is working great in that little space.

Comment

Another Nano

This is the smallest nano I know of...hes a good friend and may take the title of smallest commercial brewery in the country if not the world.

We are an award-winning nano-brewery that started the First beer CSA in the country, using 100% locally sourced ingredients located on a 74-acre farm in Colrain, MA.

His brewery is about 20' x 20' !!

His system is 1 BBL, just like Lawson's Finest liquids used to be (he's 7 BBL now)

Beer CSA is an awesome model that he's pioneering, he uses 99% local malt and local hops!

He also makes the best root beer I've ever had.

Cheers to nanos

Comment

Our brewery in the brewpub is about 225 sq. ft. (15 X 15). I brew on a one bbl system (Blichmann) with 7 one bbl. FV. I brew about 250 bbl/year. The batch turnaround time is a little quicker than I'd like during our busy season (Winter/ski), but this set-up has served us pretty well over the last 5 years.

Jamie A. Caligure
                    Brewer
                    Cave Mountain Brewing Co.
                    Windham, NY 12496

Comment

We brew on a 1.5 bbl, The total size of our space is 220 sq ft. Brewery and all. Looking for new space for expansion currently, just too crammed and we want to have a taproom.

Comment

We have a 2bbl in 3500 square foot. The taproom is 750 of it and the rest is brew floor, loading dock, office etc.

Huge space for this sized system but after building it out once it will sure be nice to not relocate because we need to expand.

Comment

Working...
                        X