Keg Washer Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washer Question...

I am potentially going to need to clean maybe a couple of kegs per week and thats it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Is there a best option for such a little need here? Obviously I don't want something big and expensive if I plan to keg maybe 1BBL per week.

Thanks for the help.

When we first started, we just rigged up a basic valve manifold that we hooked up to a sankey keg filler and our whirlpool pump. We used the kettle as our acid detergent tank.

If you're only doing 1 bbl per week, you could always just open the tops and spray them clean and do a caustic and sanitizer rinse.

Chris Enegren
    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

We put our solutions in a cornie and pressurize to 25 PSI. I then use a sanke filling coupler and hook up the cornie liquid out to the sankey liquid out turn the sanke upside down and rest on the edge of the sink. open the valve on the gas in side of the sanke to de-pressurize (?)and open the valve on the liquid in side and start cleaning.

if you are already filling kegs from your brite tank with a filling coupler you can use that.
      Tim Eichinger
      Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

Heat up some water to boiling in your kettle, then shift the bulk of it into a clean mash tun.

Hook up to the wort out of your kettle, thru the high speed pump, into the keg, out of the keg, into the whirlpool arm on your kettle.

Then hook up a line from your mash tun out, thru the low speed pump, into the keg, out of the keg to drain.

So you rinse with water from your mash tun, then clean on your kettle with a little caustic to recirc and keep hot, then rinse again on your mash tun.

Remove the coupler as soon as the keg is finished rinsing and leave the keg under a vaccum until you're ready to hook up to it, pressurize and fill with beer.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEBC
          When we first started, we just rigged up a basic valve manifold that we hooked up to a sankey keg filler and our whirlpool pump. We used the kettle as our acid detergent tank.

If you're only doing 1 bbl per week, you could always just open the tops and spray them clean and do a caustic and sanitizer rinse.

http://enegrenbrewing.com/blog/brewe...-ebc-kegwasher
          Looks like the valve setup I use. Except mine is made from cpvc.
          Jon Sheldon
          Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
          Bugnutty Brewing Company
          www.bugnutty.com

Comment

If it's only a few kegs a week, I'd remove the spears and manually rinse the kegs, then soak overnight in caustic, rinse, sanitize, put the spear back in, and pressurize.

Comment

Working...
            X