Meheen seals in the main capping cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meheen seals in the main capping cylinder

Anyone ever changed the seals on main capping cylinder of the Meheen bottler? We have a 2007 6 head. Looking for any advice on the process of changing these seals.

thanks,

Matt
    Matt Nucci
    Co owner
    Blue Mountain Brewery
    540-456-8020

It's not hard once you get them off the machine. There is a big snap ring on one end of the cylinders. It helps to go to a auto supply house and get a set of snap ring pliers. Once you get the snap ring out the base comes off and out comes the piston. If I remember right, there are o-rings on the piston, and shaft seals on the piston shaft.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Thanks, Linus

Thank you, Linus, the Merlin master! Matt and I have to do this job sometime soon, and we're dreading cracking into a part of the machine we've never been in before. We appreciate the advice!

Taylor Smack
      Blue Mountain Brewery
      Blue Mountain Barrel House

Comment

Well, I don't know about that, call Dave at Meheen if you need help,
        Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

We generally rebuild the seals at least once a year. It is no big deal anymore. You need two people to lift the top of the machine off. The seals that go bad the most are the top cylinder seal and the one on the piston. The snap ring is a bit of a pain, but I have compressed it with two punches and a pair of pliers in a pinch. We have an 05 and just replaced those cylinders for the first time. There was an upgrade to a shorter cylinder with the same throw.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Thanks, Joel

Thanks, Joel. We're cracking into it Thursday.

Taylor

Comment

Working...
            X