Mug Club Ideas without the Mug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mug Club Ideas without the Mug?

Just read the pros/cons threads here about having a mug club at a brew pub. Call me a snob, but I don't want to drink a Saison or a Czech Pils out of a mug, and definitely not out of a ceramic mug, where I can't even see the beer.

In the process of developing a loyalty or beer club, and I'm curious if anyone here has run a different kind of incentive or beer club at their brew pub without doing mugs. I mean I realize that the answer is some other type of glass containing 2-4 more ounces but any ideas that you've liked?
    Last edited by caseyjones; 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM.

I am currently working on a something similar and looking for some feedback on my program, but you are more than welcome to use some of my ideas.

I like the idea of a mug club or other type of loyalty program as it adds greatly to the customer's ownership of their brewpub or brewery. I want to add a program that benefits my brewpub and our customers and also leads to increased profits.

What we have come up with is a VIP program, offered before we open and until the 100 spots are gone, for $250. With their purchase of the product (note that this is not an investment and it should be made clear) they get a T-shirt, two pub glasses, a very nice plastic VIP card, stickers and coasters, a ticket to our pre-opening party, a brewery growler with a fill of our first batch, their name on a plaque in the brewpub, priority seating in two beer education classes (such as food/beer paring and off flavor detection). I think that package is fair for the price, if you want my calculated cost on the package, just PM me.

We are also kicking the idea of discounted beer, as we really don't want more that one size of glassware. The reason for one serving size (besides tasters) is printed glassware is cheaper in bulk and replacing broken/stolen glassware in several sizes is not something I want to do. But how do we determine when the discount should end?

If any one has some feedback on my plan that would be great.
    Last edited by thatjonguy; 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM.
    Little Deep Brewing Company
    Minot, North Dakota
    www.littledeepbrewing.com

Comment

I like the idea very much Jonguy. My $.02 - make it a yearly club (thereby you might have to look again at the price) and if someone joins in (for example) July, they pay 4/12ths of the price. Sure, you could limit it to 100 people, but why?

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn
        I like the idea very much Jonguy. My $.02 - make it a yearly club (thereby you might have to look again at the price) and if someone joins in (for example) July, they pay 4/12ths of the price. Sure, you could limit it to 100 people, but why?
        Well, I was thinking the first hundred could be like a founder's club (since they will be for sale before we open), so we should make it a little more enticing for them to pony up before the doors are open. I like the yearly idea, renewing every January and pro-rating the price for new members.

I have no doubt that the first 100 will sell very quickly. We will come up with something for those that miss out on the first hundred, because like you said, why limit it to 100?
        Minot, North Dakota

Comment

Just an idea, has any one ever thought of a coaster club? That way you can continue to serve your beers in the correct glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Fennellys
            Just an idea, has any one ever thought of a coaster club? That way you can continue to serve your beers in the correct glasses.
            That was one of the things I disliked about a mug. Our concept continues on the mug club idea, without the expense of any thing personalized.
            Minot, North Dakota

Comment

I like the ideas here, a founders group could be differentiated by special hat or tshirt that ONLY they get... otherwise the annual subscription is different. Not sure on pricing but say:

first 250 at launch get 'founders status' and get a custom tshirt /glass/hat/something only made in 250 quantity and then

anyone else signs up as a 'supporter' or 'fan' and gets a discount on pricing the same as the founders would, but doesn't get the cache/prestige of the special T-shirt or whatnot.

~Phil
              ~Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeiisneaks
                I like the ideas here, a founders group could be differentiated by special hat or tshirt that ONLY they get... otherwise the annual subscription is different. Not sure on pricing but say:

first 250 at launch get 'founders status' and get a custom tshirt /glass/hat/something only made in 250 quantity and then

anyone else signs up as a 'supporter' or 'fan' and gets a discount on pricing the same as the founders would, but doesn't get the cache/prestige of the special T-shirt or whatnot.

~Phil
                So you are thinking there is a problem with the price? Too high?

What about the title Associate Founder?
                Minot, North Dakota

Comment

no, no problem with the pricing, more of a 'you can have your cake and eat it' response to the statement of 'well I just wanted to have the founders club' and another of 'but I wanted an annual subscription model' I'm stating you can have the best of both worlds, but having a 'subscription model' that's available for anyone/everyone that gets you more business in general, but those that are the first 250(or whatever you set that to, as your 'founders club') get some extra special treatment permanently, via shirt etc. Does that make sense? You can obviously tweak that idea however it fits what you had in mind, but just have two scales, the founders who were the first X that paid extra Y to the program and then the rest that pay an annual Z amount to be part of the 'club'.
                  ~Phil

Comment

Working...
                  X