Sanke Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanke Spring

Tried searching with no results. Is there a somewhat simple way to put the spring back in without buying the 100$ tool? I am a new brewer at this brewery and so far have dumped a lot of money into repairing things around here. Don't think the owner wants to hear another 100$ tool right now but at the same time it would be nice to repair these kegs. I have the gaskets just not quite sure if there is an easy way to put the metal spring back in.

Darrek
    Big Horse Brew Pub

Sanke spring

You can make a tool out of a piece of plastic pipe. I made one out of the tube from a wound yarn water filter. Remember you have to compress the spring while turning in order to lock it in.

Graydon

Comment

So you used the pipe to compress the Co2 valve while twisting the ring into place?

Thanks for the info, a brewery close by had the tool!
      Last edited by Westcoastrocks; 02-22-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

homemade tool

Westcoastrocks

here is a pic of the tool I made and use to repair our sankey keg spears.
        The copper is 1 inch with the T, cap, and 3 ears to help twist the lock ring.
        The C clamp is a 2 1/2 inch with an 1-1/2 disk welded onto the bottom of
        the thread, and bent piece of metal at the base to hold onto the sankey top.
        ( a buddy did the welding for me, quick and easy). And some small flat screw drivers to pry the retainer spring ring out of the top.
        Everything was less than $20.
        I can go through 25 kegs in an hour with these tool, reconditioning the spears.

Hope this helps

Meadman

Comment

Redo

See if the pic comes up this time.

Nope, still having trouble uploading pics.

I will PM you with the pics

Sorry

Comment

Meadman,

I did a forum post a while back here:

that talks about how you can post your pics to some other site like flickr or photobucket and then just link them here so people can see the images. The forum here has very restrictive limits on photos to the point that when people do use them I almost can't tell what they are... (and I'm sure I understand why, it costs money to host large files and make them available for download. If this site stays mostly text it costs a lot less to run it, coupled with the fact that there are so many free image sites, that you can do the above) Its best to upload a really nice big image to some other image hosting site, and find a 'link' or 'share' that you can copy and paste here.

I would love to see what this tool looks like too!
            ~Phil

Comment

Try this again

Hopefully this link to photobucket will work.http://photobucket.com/sankeystemtool

Thanks

Comment

Yup it worked like a charm! Thanks!
                ~Phil

Comment

PVC Tee

Similar to what was mentioned above, I use a 1 1/4 inch PVC Tee to compress the spring when I am reassembling a Sankey spear.
                  Only difference to make it easier is that someone helps me holding the spear while I compress it.

Hope it helps.
                  Last edited by Fausto Yu-Shan; 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X