Equipment Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Brands

Forgive me if this isn't the appropriate forum... this is literally my first day posting.

A partner and I are on the brinks of starting a new brewery, in the planning stage, etc. We plan on starting with a full 7bbl system and have no idea what brand(s) of equipment to look into. There seem to be hundreds listed on this site!

I currently work at a place that is about to open a brewery and they ordered a 7bbl system from Premiere Stainless, but I'm not sure how they came upon that decision. Because of space restrictions they also ordered 3bbl mash/lauter and boil kettle, which I don't want.

Also, what would the estimated cost be... not for EVERYTHING needed for the business, just the brewing equipment: mash/lauter tun, boil kettle, cold and hot liquor tanks, fermenters, brite tank, all the fittings, etc.

Any help is really appreciated! You can reply here, send me a private message, or email me as well:

rowland.danny (at) gmail (dot) com

Many thanks!

Do a search of the forums here. This topic has been addressed dozens of times. There are several good options domestically and some good foreign manufacturers as well. It really depends on what you're looking for and how much money you have. But there's alot of info already on here...
    Hutch Kugeman
    Head Brewer
    Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
    Hyde Park, NY

Comment

I thought this would be a common response, so I did a few searches, but I'm not exactly sure what to search for. Any suggestions from anyone? I'll keep trying in the meantime.

Comment

Alright, so I've been getting lots of e-mails and messages, mostly from companies pushing their wares... does anybody know of any equipment they would NOT use? Or are threads like that frowned upon?

So far, I've heard a lot of good things about Premier Stainless, and that is what they ordered where I currently work part-time.

Comment

talk to whoever at your job purchased from Premier Stainless. I am sure that they shopped around before deciding.
          Mike Lanzarotta
          Commercial Real Estate Broker
          finding space for breweries in Southern California
          former owner and brewer, Crown City Brewery, Pasadena CA

Comment

Send emails requests for quotes to all the equipment manufacturers, get some numbers then ask for references... follow up... contact the most local breweries, see what they are using, ask for a tour and some Q&A about their equipment. It may cost you a beer or two at a local pub, but once you get a brewer talking about their brewery... likes, dislikes, etc... it's hard to get them to stop!

Comment

There are only 2 breweries in town and they both have Premier Stainless. However, both breweries are brand new, transitioned homebrewers, and as far as I know, knew nothing about the commercial business. I will, however, ask them how they came about their decision.

I have been lucky to get lots of price quotes from different companies so far, and I have to say the price differences are astounding. I have a big urge in my stomach for the age old, "You get what you pay for" adage at this point, though some companies are really selling their case.

We shall see!

Comment

Im in your same boat, Just looking for companies to request a quote from. I DID use the search and only found this thread ironically. I saw you got alot of PM's and no posters... So if those people could PM me my spec pretty well match the original poster.

Thanks all.

Comment

I mostly lurk but here are some options that I've seen posted for smaller systems:

Glacier Tanks is your one-stop shop for home & commercial brewing equipment. Our family-owned business offers everything you need: tanks, tri-clamps, & more!

Find Tanks, Pumps, Case Handling, Cap/Lid Handling, Fillers and other equipment for sale at Ager Tank and Equipment Co.

http://www.marksdmw.com/ (webpage just a placeholder for contact info)

Comment

Working...
                  X