Building insulated floor for walk-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building insulated floor for walk-in

We are getting ready to finish up our walk in as summer approaches. We have been advised to put in an insulated floor as we have a basement and condensation would definitely be an issue down there. The quote for a pre-fab floor seemed ridiculous as I know many build their own simple insulated floors.

I did a quick search on the interwebs, but couldn't find any good details on how to go about doing this. I was thinking of framing it out with 2x4s spaced out every foot or so, maybe less, insulating between them, covering with plywood and sheet vinyl.

Any thoughts?

We will be keeping 4 7bbl single wall tanks in there, plus a handful of kegs and cases. Weight issues?

Has anyone done this before?
    Beejay
    Pipeworks Brewing Company

The wood will rot from moisture. I just tore down a used cold room in a papa johns pizza that had an insulated floor that i'll be using in my Brewery. The last 4 inches of wall where the floor used to be is rusted and will need painted before I put it into use on a concrete floor. Not sure if an insulated floor is a great idea, unless it's sealed up tight. But still, that moisture has to go somewhere...
    Nate Cornett
    Yellow Springs Brewery
    Yellow Springs, OH

Comment

We just installed one in our soon to open Bangalore brewpub. We have dense insulation panels that are aprox 2" thick on top of our base concrete floor. Then a poured (sloped to trench drain) layer of cement and then tile on top of that. It sould do the trick.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Ed Tringali
      Brewmaster ~ Consultant
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X