Medicinal value of alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicinal value of alcohol?

More and more, I see research promoting moderate alcohol consumption as a benefit to human health.

Is alcohol not far from being promoted as medicinal in purpose? Can your company use this information to market your product?

People with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NALFD) who consume alcohol in modest amounts -- no more than one or two servings per day -- are half as likely to develop hepatitis as non-drinkers with the same condition, reports a national team of scientists led by researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.

I wonder if the FDA wants to be in control of alcohol.

Probably best to check with your state laws on that. I know here in the province of Alberta, the AGLC prohibits the promotion or advertising of any alcoholic beverage as having any health benefits whatsoever.

Comment

Read up on how the wineries are capitalizing on the proven health benefits of wine.

I.e. not at all. It's a legal morass they don't want to get into. The number of stipulations needed for any health claim for CYA is ridiculous.
      Nat West

Comment

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. What happens if three years from now new studies are produced that claim the opposite?
        Kevin Shertz
        Chester River Brewing Company
        Chestertown, MD

Comment

Working...
        X