Water Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Treatment

I would like some feed back on the relative merits of the different types of water treatments being used in the brewery to treat brewing liquor. I would really like to hear how different people are dealing with different water quality issues. I would also appreciate a list suppliers of water treatment/filtration equipment that provide good equipment. thanks for any help.

cheers,
    Scott
    Cheers,

Scott Vaccaro
    Captain Lawrence Brewing CO
    Elmsford, NY
    www.CaptainLawrenceBrewing.com

what do you mean by "water treatment"? Pre-brewing?
    Boiler? Water salts, etc?

Salts and acids can be bought from any reasonable source, ie crosby and baker, fisher scientific, steinbart, etc.

For water filtrtration prior to brewing i recco particle and carbon filtration.

r/o is always an option (and isn't as expensive as you think) but will require mineral salt additions.

We are installing resin bed filtration units ($$$$$) but awsome in the long run.

Filters:
    Culligan
    us filter

also you can buy units and service them yourself...carbon is cheap and easy to work with after the units are instsalled.

Good luck
    Larry Horwitz

Comment

Larry,

I am interested in the pre treatment of brewing liqour. I am planning on using both a sediment and activated carbon filters to deal with the chlorine and small sediment. Do you know of a good supplier of activated carbon filters or reasonable RO systems?

thanks
      Scott
      Cheers,

Scott Vaccaro
      Captain Lawrence Brewing CO
      Elmsford, NY
      www.CaptainLawrenceBrewing.com

Comment

Working...
      X