Walk-in cooler disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-in cooler disassembly

We've purchased a used 10X15' walk in cooler from a U-Brew operation that recently closed. We've now realized that the previous owner was not part of the assembly process so has no information on how to take the thing apart.

I've done some googling and came up with some good information. It seems like disassembling the modular cooler is fairly straight forward. Just use the appropriate allen wrench to loosen the cam locks, make sure to label each piece and take it apart.

Does anyone have any tips on this? Do we need to hire a pro to come in and remove the condenser and evaporator? Are there other factors or tasks I'm not considering?

Thanks

If the A/C components can be isolated (valved off), you or someone with some mechanical experience can do it. That said, liquid refrigerant is very dangerous and will freeze what ever it comes in contact with instantly, usually fingers, sometimes eyeballs. If you or your mechanic have doubts, get an experienced AC&R technician to isolate the high and low pressure sides of the system, remove and re-install them.

Comment

Yep, they are very easy to disassemble. I had an HVAC company come out and prep the condenser and evaporator for transport.

The best tool to get is a long hex driver that fits on a ratchet wrench - years of moisture can make some of the cam locks a little tuff! Have fun!
      Nate Cornett
      Yellow Springs Brewery
      Yellow Springs, OH

Comment

Working...
      X