How much cleaner and sanitizer used per batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much cleaner and sanitizer used per batch

How much liquid circulation cleaner used after every batch?

How much iodophor sanitizer used after every batch?

This includes cleaning all of the tanks as well

I am trying to get some numbers here... I can't find a definite answer elsewhere. But I am a bit intoxicated right now so that may be why

thanks

depends on the size of the vessels, the cleaners and sanitizers, what water temp you have available for cleaning, whether or not you are using a cleaner that can be reused, etc. i.e., need a lot more information to answer the question

Comment

Also, talk to the chemical manufacturers, they'll help you know exactly what concentrations you need for the amounts of water you're using. Whoever you are using, or are going to use should be happy to help you get the right doses of chemicals. If not, maybe you should look to use someone else.
      ~Phil

Comment

I am in the process of contacting five star chemicals to get the costs of: liquid circulation cleaner #1
        IO star iodophor sanitizer

and the acid cleaner # 5 (which I will be using every third time for the first year or so, until things pick up.)

How much water do you guys use when cleaning your brewery? I Have a twenty barrel system with 4 20bbl tanks and one 20 bbl brite tank.( I am only planning on producing 1000 bbls the first year and 2000 or more the second then expand eventually.)

I know the number/sizes of the tanks dictates how much water when you use it comes to cleaning but I just wanted to get an idea what you guys do with your setup.

In my energy costs section of my bplan I projected that I will have 9bbls of sewage water per 1 bbl of beer sold. Is the sewage water considered to be part of the water used to clean/sanitize?

sorry i m a newb about this stuff

thanks again
        Last edited by zachj9292; 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X