Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended ATP testing equipment

We have a biological problem in our brewery

After months of trying to convince the old boss to buy an ATP testing equipment the new boss recognizes our urgency.

Which testing equiptment do you guys recommend for both post sanitation and finished product?

Big Mahalos

I would recommend calling Brewing science institute about this problem. they recently brewed with me and were able to help me with proper a cip and sample taking and if you need the will analyze sample through the prosses to help determine the source of infection.

Comment

Hey mate.

ATP testing is really useful as a general hygiene indicator. Even sterile beer will have a heap of ATP present so it's no use for the finished product. It's best use is for final rinses on vessels (water swabs) and sanitary surfaces like filler parts (surface swabs).

Just remember that both live and dead cells contain ATP.

I'm not sure what equipment is available for you but we use Biotrace (Part of the 3M brand) and find it very useful.

http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/porta...3mmicrobiology.
      Last edited by Hazell; 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM.
      Ash Hazell
      Head of Brewing
      Colonial Brewing Co, Australia

Comment

I like the 3M products as well. However we use Hygiena brand swabs and meters. They also make swabs for 3M meters, which are cheaper than the 3M swabs. I also agree with the fact that ATP meters are indispensable for quick surface testing. We use them on tanks after CIP, but the largest improvement was on the bottling line. We swab the crowner elements, starwheels, and some other spots on the filler every morning before startup. The results have more than made up for the cost of the meter and the swabs.

Comment

Working...
        X