Taking apart the Micromatic keg valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking apart the Micromatic keg valve

Hey all, I have some used sanke kegs and I am getting ready to clean them. I have the valves removed and I see that it looks like the top valve can be removed from the stainless dip tube. Can that be removed, cleaned, and reassembled? Is there a tool that is needed to get them back together?

Thanks!

Sankey Valve

Yes, it can be disassemble completely. I attach a picture for your information and to disassemble use a 1 1/4 inch PVC Tee to compress the spring of the sankey spear and twist the holding clip. To reassemble do the same to place in position the holding clip.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

You can use a vice to take them apart too. Set the jaws just a little wider then the spear shaft then pull back on the spear and give it a twist. The vice is an easy way to get the top seal out too

Comment

Any tips on getting them back together? I am struggling getting the spring compressed and the locking ring back in the base of the valve. The pvc isnt cutting it anymore.

Comment

Fittings

To make it easier for you to compress the spring and twist the holding clip, make some fittings to the PVC Tee as shown in the attached pictures.

Hope it helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm trying to do the same thing with some old Spartanburg kegs. The PVC trick worked great on the outside body parts. My problem is that the CO2 valve, beer valve and beer spring didn't come off. The rubber co2 valve needs replaced, for sure. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it apart? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 604M
              I'm trying to do the same thing with some old Spartanburg kegs. The PVC trick worked great on the outside body parts. My problem is that the CO2 valve, beer valve and beer spring didn't come off. The rubber co2 valve needs replaced, for sure. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it apart? Thanks.
              Where can I buy the black rubber seal shown above, right hand side? The seal that the ball seats in to.
              Cheers!
              David R. Pierce

Comment

I had made a tool for this, the brewery I am at has three different types of tubes, for standard sanke, modified hoff stevens, and modified corny/soda kegs, all with sanke fittings. I went around an found that a 1" PVC tube fits around the tube on all and inside the head to compress the plate. To help with grip, I glued an old rubber gasket and trimmed it to fit, and glued it with gorilla glue. It works fine on all so far and was fairly cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X